Welcome to my little corner of the blogosphere to share the ups and downs of starting a craft business, with plenty of tips, mishaps and the odd glass of wine!

Tuesday 27 May 2014

How to Entertain your kids on Rainy Days - Treasure Maps

Predictably for the UK, the Whitsun half term has started with rain.

So to keep the kids entertained this afternoon and using the Treasure Map that I'm making for Patrick as inspiration, we've been on a treasure hunt!

The map I'm making for Patrick is for his wall (and to be taken down ans played with) as he has a pirate themed bedroom in the making. So far I've got this done on it:


Which Patrick is over the moon with (phew!) And Seren helped him make this treasure map after lunch:


Once they were suitably distracted, tidying up (wonders will never cease!) I hid two kinder eggs and they happily spent the next 35 minutes being pirates on an expedition.

Their reward? Well, I captured Seren before hers disappeared, but wasn't quick enough to get a snap of Patrick!


You may remember last year I shared a Pirate Eye Patch and a Pirate Sword tutorial on the blog, have fun with those for your little pirates' adventures!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all comments made on the blog (it reminds me that I'm not talking to myself!) so just wanted to say thanks for adding your thoughts. Simmi x

Sharing Buttons