Welcome to my little corner of the blogosphere to share the ups and downs of starting a craft business, with plenty of tips, mishaps and the odd glass of wine!

Sunday 18 August 2013

How NOT to finish anything in a week!

Arrrrrrggggg! This week has been all over the place!

I've been trying to work whilst the kids are on school holiday (as has every other craft-business owner who's also a parent of small/young children) and this week I've spectacularly achieved almost nothing!

I've posted out a couple of these:

Dark Green VW Beetle Hanging Ornament

Red VW Beetle Hanging Ornament

Felt Airplane applique

A rainbow of VW Campervan Hanging Ornaments
All of which can be found in my Etsy shop and on the new exciting website I am proud to be part of Uniquely UK

I've been trying to get a fascinator started for a local customer. The brief was 1950s style, with a veil to match her dress which has shades of grey, cerise and black... I have the exact thing in mind, but it's a fiddly job that I really can't be doing in the evenings after the kids have gone to bed as I'm generally too tired and the light isn't good enough, but also can't be doing with the children about. So I'm LONGING for their nursery day this week!!

I've also had feedback from my lovely Father-in-Law who I made this picture for:

Rolls Royce Silver Shadow II Felt Picture with a personalised number plate
My Father-in-Law worked for a large very posh car dealership in London in the 70s and 80s and these were the type of cars they used to work on every day - so we thought he might like it. His initial comment was delight that he could finally say he too owned a Rolls!!!

So nothing much new with me, but I do have all the school uniform labelled (can't believe my baby is nearly 5 and about to start school!) which was a rather long & boring job! I'm hoping a hop round the Handmade Monday blogs will inspire me to get something new created this week... watch this space!

13 comments:

  1. Clearly 'one of those week's' Simmi. Your makes are gorgeous, especially the camper van hanging ornaments - I can see what lovely Christmas tree ornaments they would make with a little snow and holly on them. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I know how frustrating it is not being able to finish something, but look at what you DID finish! It still sounds like a really busy week to me! I love the idea of your father in law finally owning a Rolls Royce and good luck with the new shop website. Love to hear how you get on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems to me that you've been quite busy! I love all of your hanging ornaments, they are such wonderful colours and are so detailed. Well done on getting the uniform labelled - I need to sew on some school badges and label all those shirts and trousers (though I've given up with labels now - I just write their initials on the labels!) and somehow I've got a few cubs badges to do as well. Don't you just love school "holidays"!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the felt vehicles, particularly the campervans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your campervan ornaments are gorgeous. It's impossible to get much done with little ones around. Although I hate to tell you my daughter is 21 and still has me running around for her at times. You never stop being a Mum. Enjoy what's left of the holiday.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your hanging ornaments, especially the beetles - sooooo cute! I can only imagine how challenging it must be to juggle having the littlies around and trying to get crafting done - life pulls us in so many directions doesn't it and sometimes all at the same time! I hope you have a productive sewing session on nursery day this week :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hanging ornaments are great, I love the rainbow of campervans, you are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for commenting - Its nice to know people have read my blog! I have a campervan/vw fanatic for a friend and her birthday is coming up soon...
    In a Pickle

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure crafters all across the land will be sympathising with you as we've all had times like that. Love the colours of the campervans xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those kinds of weeks are a nightmare, especially if the week also seems to pass by quicker than usual. I love all your ornaments, especially the campervan ones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so cute. I love any of the deigns featuring the Volkswagon. Thank you for sharing your wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the lovely comments!! Sorry not to reply to each one individually but I've been a bit under the weather this week and am running out of time before the next Handmade Monday post! Simmi xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all comments made on the blog (it reminds me that I'm not talking to myself!) so just wanted to say thanks for adding your thoughts. Simmi x

Sharing Buttons