Welcome to my little corner of the blogosphere to share the ups and downs of starting a craft business, with plenty of tips, mishaps and the odd glass of wine!

Sunday, 14 April 2013

Creating Props for the Terry Pratchett Play - Guards! Guards!

This week I've been working on something slightly different - thankfully there's not been too much dust compared to last week as the builders have moved on from wrecking the joint to putting the new roof on, which was just in time as the heavens opened mid week!

I don't know if I mentioned that I'm part of a local Am Dram group and we're performing Guards! Guards! by Terry Pratchett at the end of April (25th - 27th inclusive in Lydbrook in the Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire if anyone's keen to come and see me make a fool out of myself (again!!)) and as such we all play a part (geddit?!) in organising the costumes and props.

I offered to make the 4 badges/shields for one scene which has two unnamed Worthies (So I've chosen their Guilds for them!), The Head of the Guild of Assassins and The Arch Chancellor of the Unseen University... so based on pictures that I found online these are the Shields that I've made:

The Guild of Assassins


The Guild of Embalmers

The Fools Guild

The Unseen University Shield

The shields are to be worn on heavy very pompous looking breast plates (which is fitting for these 4 who think they are Very Important People!) and later in the week I'll sneak a pic on here so you can see them on the costumes :-)

Here are all 4 together:


All 4 Shields
And now I'm off to check out what everyone else has been up to in the Handmade Monday link up.

Sharing Buttons